To day, I’ll show you video Who is Sauron? – The History of the Dark Lord from LotR in Tolkien's Lore (Spoilers)
Who is Sauron? What’s his story? Today we have a look at the antagonist of Lord of the Rings and his history in middle-earth. This ancient evil entity is in fact the Lord of the Rings and has troubled elves, men and dwarves for over 6500 years.
He is the servant of Morgoth (Melkor) in Tolkien’s Universe. In the Hobbit or the Lord of the Rings, you don’t learn too much about him, but in the Appendices and the Silmarillion we find a lot of small background story about the Dark Lord and learn about his lore from the LotR books and the Silmarillion, which explains why he gave Aragorn, Gandalf, Fordo, Sam, Gimli and the others so much trouble with his One Ring.
#LotR #Lore #explained
– I pronounce names as Tolkien described it (so a rolled R)
– This video contains spoilers
– The books are my main source
– There are some mistakes in the video
– Fréaláf Hildeson was Helm’s nephew, not his son.
– Morgoth is Sindarin (which is strange) and means “Dark Enemy”. He was also called Morgoth Bauglir (Bauglir as some kind of title) and Bauglir means “constrainer” or “tyrant”. The name Morgoth and its translation also went through some iterations, which probably results in Morgoth being a Sindarin name instead of a Quenya. AfaIk Tolkien never finally decided on this.
– Arrow placement and text mistake: Ungoliant tries to kill Morgoth near Angband (in Lammoth to be precise) not Ûdun.
I recommend my following videos:
– The long Story of Aragorn, Minas Ithil and Númenor
– The History of Rohan
Cirdan and the History of the Elves:
####### Sources and Links ######
Lord of The Rings (1954-1955) by J. R. R. Tolkien
The Silmarillion (1977) by J. R. R. Tolkien
The Hobbit (1937) by J. R. R. Tolkien
Unfinished Tales (1980) by J. R. R. Tolkien
The Letters of J. R. R. Tolkien (1981) by Humphrey Carpenter and Christopher Tolkien
Morgoth’s Ring (1993) by J. R. R. Tolkien; Editor: Christopher Tolkien
The Peoples of Middle-earth (1996) by J. R. R. Tolkien; Editor: Christopher Tolkien
The Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)
The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (2002)
The Lord of the Rings: The Return of the King (2003)
The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey (2012)
The Hobbit: The Desolation of Smaug (2013)
The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies (2014)
The Philosopher’s Games / TPhGames / TPhLore
I usually make analytical gaming and Tolkien & LotR lore content. Feel free to check my channel (ThePhilosophersGames) for more:
Thank for watching Who is Sauron? – The History of the Dark Lord from LotR in Tolkien's Lore (Spoilers)
Video Who is Sauron? – The History of the Dark Lord from LotR in Tolkien's Lore (Spoilers) with 1:15:39 length
See more at here!
Who is Sauron? – The History of the Dark Lord from LotR in Tolkien's Lore (Spoilers) uploaded in 2020-08-14 02:01:25 by ThePhilosophersGames