In case you are wondering what YourPhone.exe is, first confirm it is not a virus, but a Microsoft process through which you can basically link your phone to the PC operating system.
Your Phone is one of the background apps that you can easily ignore if you don’t intend to send SMS messages from your Windows 10 desktop.
However, the app does consume a bit of RAM, so you might want to consider doing something with it, if not interested in syncing photos between mobile phones and laptops. Consider below solutions for safe uninstall or simply shut down the application.
1. How to turn off the YourPhone.exe process
YourPhone.exe will waste a little RAM for users who are not using the Your Phone application. Users can save system resources by disabling YourPhone.exe process along with other UWP application processes that they do not need. Here’s how users can disable the YourPhone.exe process in Windows 10:
- Open the Windows 10 search box by pressing Win + S keys.
- Type background apps in the Type here to search box.
- Click Background apps to open Settings as shown in the snapshot below.
- Scroll down to the Your Phone app .
- Turn off the Your Phone option .
- Then, close Settings.
- Finally, restart Windows.
2. How to prevent Your Phone from opening automatically when starting Windows 10
Your Phone is a handy tool for linking your Windows 10 PC to your Android smartphone. However, by default, the application is automatically launched and launched as soon as you start Windows 10. This is just a small problem, but sometimes annoying many people.
Fortunately, it is possible to prevent this application from opening on its own when starting Windows 10 by following these simple steps:
First, open up Task Manager. Just right-click on the taskbar at the bottom of the screen. In the menu that appears, click to select ” Task Manager “.
In the Task Manager window, click “ More details ” if you start in simple view, then click the “ Startup ” tab.
In the ” Startup ” tab, find the ” Your Phone ” application in the list below and click to select it. Next, click the ” Disable ” button in the bottom right corner of the window.
After clicking “ Disable ”, you will see the status of the application “ Your Phone ” in the column “ Status ” also show “ Disable ”. The Your Phone app is now disabled in the task manager startup apps list.
That’s all, close Task Manager. From now on, this application will no longer automatically launch when you boot your Windows 10 system.
3. Delete the Your Phone app
Alternatively, users can uninstall Your Phone to ensure its processes don’t consume system resources. However, users cannot remove Your Phone through Settings in Windows 10 1903, as it is a built-in application. Therefore, users need to uninstall apps using PowerShell as follows.
- Open Cortana search box.
- Enter PowerShell keywords in the Type here to search box.
- Open Windows PowerShell as admin.
- Then, type the following command and press the Return key:
Get-AppxPackage Microsoft.YourPhone -AllUsers | Remove-AppxPackage in PowerShell
- Restart Windows after uninstalling Your Phone.