Avast Antivirus, one of the most popular free antivirus for Windows 10, helps to protect your PC from free malware and spyware. Avast Antivirus is fully compatible with the latest Windows 10, but some errors can still occur.
A small number of users reported that Avast antivirus was causing a black screen error or not opening on Windows 10.
It could be due to a faulty Avast installation, a missing or corrupt file or the Avast Antivirus service not working properly, preventing Avast from opening on Windows 10.
Below are the most common issues reported by users as well as their respective solutions.
- Avast Antivirus error does not open
- Error Avast Antivirus not updating
- Avast causes a black screen error
- Error Avast Free Antivirus not installing
- Process Trust error during installation
Avast Antivirus error does not open
If you can’t open the Avast app on Windows 10, chances are its files are either missing or corrupt. Avast Free Antivirus repair is probably a good solution to fix the problem.
1. Open the Control Panel.
2. Scroll down and go to Programs and Features .
3. Locate and select Avast Antivirus , then click Change,
4. This will open the Avast settings and allow updating, repairing, or modifying apps.
5. Click Repair , then Avast antivirus software will be restored to factory settings and all files will be reset to default versions. With this way, it is expected that Avast antivirus software will run.
1. Open Command Prompt as administrator.
2. Type the command winmgmt / verifyrepository and press Enter.
3. Here, if there is no problem with the WMI repository detected, then you need to enter winmgmt / resetrepository and press Enter. If there is a problem with the WMI repository, then you should enter winmgmt / salvagerepository and press Enter.
4. Once done, restart your PC and check if the problem is solved.
Reruning outdated versions of Windows can prevent applications and programs from running properly. Install the latest Windows updates to make sure everything is running smoothly.
Error Avast Antivirus not updating
If you are having problems with Avast not updating virus definitions, check and make sure you have a stable Internet connection to download update files from Avast server.
Temporarily turn off firewall protection and disconnect the VPN, if they are configured on your device.
Update Avast client software. Outdated software can also increase CPU load.
Software updates and definitions
1. Open the Avast GUI from the notification tray icon.
2. In the Update tab you will find current versions of your antivirus program and the virus definition.
3. Check if there are any pending updates and click Update.
1. Press Win + R , enter ncpa.cpl and click OK.
2. Right-click on the network adapter and select Properties.
3. Here, double-click on IPV4 to open its properties.
3. Now, set the DNS server to 22.214.171.124 and the alternate DNS server to 126.96.36.199.
Reinstall Avast Antivirus
1. Download Avast Uninstall Utility and save the file on the desktop.
2. Now, start Windows 10 Safe Mode and run avastclear.exe that you downloaded on the desktop earlier.
3. This will uninstall the Avast antivirus and delete corrupted or corrupted files, and once done, reboot your PC.
4. Now, download the latest version of Avast Free Antivirus and install it on your device.
Avast causes a black screen error
If you have Windows 10 black screen issue after installing Avast antivirus software, follow these steps to fix the problem.
1. Launch the Avast UI by clicking the Avast icon on the taskbar.
2. In the Settings tab, click the General option .
3. Navigate to the Exclusions option, then click Add. Here, you must add the following address to the exceptions:
4. Finally, please restart the computer.
However, if Avast doesn’t open then move on to the next solution.
Error Avast Free Antivirus not installing
If you are having problems using the online installer to install Avast Free Antivirus on Windows 10 then please apply the following solutions.
Check and make sure no anti-virus software is installed
To do this:
1. Open Control Panel> Programs and Features .
2. Find if other anti-virus software is installed, right-click on it and choose Uninstall.
3. Now, try to install Avast antivirus again.
Turn off Windows Defender
Again, if you are trying to install a lower version of Avast antivirus, it may not be fully compatible with Windows 10.
Process Trust error during installation
Occasionally, you may get a fatal error message Process Trust that says ” Avast doesn’t trust Avast Installer “, preventing Avast from being installed on the computer. This issue mainly occurs due to a conflict between Avast and an existing antivirus program. And you just need to disable your current antivirus software (mostly Windows Defender) and try to install Avast again.