The May 2020 Update for Windows 10 has moved the Fresh Start feature, which allows you to reinstall Windows while removing any manufacturer-installed bloatware on your laptop or desktop. It is no longer part of the Windows Security application.
You can find Fresh Start built into Windows 10’s Reset Your PC feature. factory default status.
- 7 ways to do, customize in post will help your Windows 10 “fast as the wind”
- How to split the hard drive right in Windows 10
- Summary of a few ways to shut down Windows 10 computer
To get started, go to Settings> Update & Security> Recovery . Click Get started under Reset This PC .
Choose Keep my files to keep your personal files on your PC or Remove everything to remove them. Either way, Windows deletes your apps and settings.
Warning : Make sure to back up your important files before clicking Remove everything.
Next, select Cloud download to download Windows 10 installation files from Microsoft or Local reinstall to use Windows installation files on PC.
- Cloud Download is more suitable if you have a fast Internet connection, but your PC will have to download several gigabytes of data.
- Local Reinstall does not require a download, but it can fail if the Windows installation is corrupted.
On the Additional settings screen, click Change settings.
Set the Restore preinstalled apps option? to No. When this option is disabled, Windows won’t automatically reinstall manufacturer apps to the PC.
Note: If the Restore preinstalled apps option? Don’t appear here, your PC doesn’t have any apps pre-installed. This can happen if you installed Windows yourself on the PC or if you have removed the pre-installed applications from the PC before.
Click Confirm and continue the Reset This PC process.
You will get a “clean” Windows installation without any manufacturer-installed applications cluttering the system.
I wish you all success!