If you’re using the version of Office that came with a Microsoft 365 subscription (formerly Office 365), you may eventually need to uninstall it from Windows 10. For example, if you need to free up your license to install it. install the application on another device, or see errors or other issues and you need to reinstall Microsoft 365. You may also no longer want to use the product and want to remove it from your system.
Whatever the reason, you can uninstall Office in at least two easy ways using the Settings app or the assistant tool.
In this tutorial, you’ll learn the steps to quickly uninstall Office apps, part of a Microsoft 365 Personal or Family subscription on Windows 10.
Uninstall Microsoft 365 Office using Settings
To uninstall Office from Windows 10, follow these steps:
1. Open Settings on Windows 10.
2. Click on Apps & features .
3. Select the Office product to be installed with a Microsoft 365 subscription.
4. Click the Uninstall button .
5. Click the Uninstall button again.
6. Continue with the instructions on the screen (if applicable).
When the steps are completed, the Office app will be removed from your device.
Uninstall Microsoft 365 Office using the assistant
Alternatively, you can also use a tool to completely uninstall the Office apps that came with Microsoft 365.
To use the Microsoft Support and Recovery Assistant tool (SetupProd_ OffScrub.exe) to remove Office from your device, follow these steps:
1. Download Microsoft SetupProd_OffScrub.exe.
2. Double-click the file to launch the uninstaller.
3. Click the Install button .
4. Click the Agree button to confirm the terms.
5. Select the version of Office you want to remove.
6. Select Microsoft 365 Office to uninstall
7. Click the Next button .
8. Select the option to confirm that you have saved everything.
9. Click the Next button to uninstall Microsoft 365 Office from the computer.
10. Click the Restart button .
11. Click the No button after restarting.
12. Submit the survey needed to complete the process.
After you complete the steps, the Office suite available with a Microsoft 365 subscription will no longer be available on the device.