In a multi-monitor setup, Windows allows you to display the Taskbar on all monitors. This option can be configured using the Settings app. Here’s how to do it.
Windows allows you to display the Taskbar on all screens
With the wave of home work happening around the world, multi-monitor setups are increasing day by day. One of the most common combinations is a laptop connected to an external display. After all, working on a small screen for long periods of time is not easy. The problem is even more complicated if you have to switch between multiple apps or windows on a small 13-15 inch screen.
When multiple monitors are connected to the computer, Windows 10 does a pretty good job at configuring the DPI ratio from multiple monitors. If needed, Windows even lets you show the taskbar on all monitors. As most people know, the taskbar in Windows is an important tool that allows you to quickly access any pinned or open application. Depending on the system configuration, Windows may show or hide the taskbar.
If you cannot see the taskbar on a second monitor or other connected monitors, you must configure taskbar settings in the Settings application to show the taskbar on all monitors. Thankfully, it’s pretty easy to do.
- How to hide / show the search box / icon on the Taskbar in Windows 10
Steps to show the Taskbar on all screens
To show the taskbar on all screens, follow the steps listed below.
1. Access the Settings app using the Win + I keyboard shortcut. You can also search for Settings in the Start menu or click the Settings icon on the taskbar.
2. In the Settings app, go to the “Personalization” page . On the Personalization page, select the “Taskbar” tab on the sidebar. This is where you will find all taskbar settings in Windows 10.
3. On the right page, scroll down and find the “Multiple displays” section. From here, select the option “All taskbars” from the drop-down menu under the heading “Show taskbar button on” .
4. The settings are saved automatically. Just close the Settings app after selecting the option as shown above.
From now on, you will see the taskbar on all screens. If you don’t see the changes immediately, you should restart explorer or reboot the system.
The home screen will have a Quick Launch tray, but other displays will only have a clock on the right-hand side of the taskbar. Currently, Windows 10 doesn’t have an option to show the Quick Launch tray on all screens.
Also, size the icon on the Taskbar. ie the icons are small or large, depending on the main taskbar settings. There is no way to resize taskbar icons for individual screens.
So depending on your monitor’s DPI settings, the taskbar icons might appear too large or too small. In that case, all you can do is choose the best possible settings for your monitor configuration.