If you can’t find the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar, follow the steps below to show the missing Bluetooth icon on the Taskbar in Windows 10.
Display Bluetooth icon on Taskbar
To show the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar, you need to enable the option “Show Bluetooth icon in the notification area” in Bluetooth settings. Here are the steps to do so.
1. Open the Settings app. You can do that by pressing the Win + I keyboard shortcut.
2. After opening Windows 10 Settings, visit the Devices page .
3. Select the Bluetooth & other devices tab on the left panel.
4. On the right page, click the More Bluetooth options link . You will find it under the heading Related Settings.
5. Select the Options tab in the Bluetooth settings window.
6. Select the Show Bluetooth icon in the notification area check box.
7. Click Apply.
8. Click OK to save the changes.
9. Close the Settings app .
When you select the checkbox and save your changes, the Bluetooth icon appears on the taskbar. As mentioned before, the Bluetooth icon will only appear when Bluetooth is enabled. If you don’t see an icon, make sure Bluetooth is enabled in Windows 10.
Turn on Bluetooth enabled service
If the Bluetooth enabled service is disabled, the Bluetooth function cannot be enabled. As a result, you won’t see the Bluetooth icon. If this is the case, you should enable the Bluetooth support service from Windows Services Manager. Here’s how to do it.
1. Press the Win + R keyboard shortcut to open the Run box .
2. Type services.msc and press Enter in the Run window .
3. After opening the Services window, find and right-click the Bluetooth Support Service service.
4. Select Properties from the right-clicking menu.
5. Select Manual from the Startup type drop-down menu.
6. Click Apply> OK .
7. Close the Services window .
8. Restart Windows 10.
After restarting, turn on Bluetooth from the Notification center. As soon as Bluetooth is turned on, you will see the Bluetooth icon on the taskbar.
Reinstall the Bluetooth driver
If the two methods above didn’t work, it could be because the Bluetooth driver is installed. In those cases, you must reinstall the Bluetooth driver. After the reset, turn on Bluetooth on Windows 10 and you’ll see the Bluetooth icon appear on the taskbar.
- How to enable / disable the Windows Update Status icon in the Taskbar notification area on Windows 10