Setting a computer password will help with better computer security. In addition to setting a new password for your computer, make TechNews.com will also guide you on how to change the password of your Windows 10 computer. Stay tuned.
From Windows XP to Windows 10, users always set a password to protect their personal computers. This is a simple and effective measure to bring security to computer users. On Windows 10 computers, the system interface has changed so we may have difficulty setting a password for the computer. If you are new to the Windows 10 interface, or do not know how to set a password for Windows 10 computers, follow the article below of the Network Administrator.
- How to set a password for the computer through Settings
- How to change a Windows 10 password
How to set a password for the computer through Settings
We click on the Start icon in the bottom left corner of the computer, select the humanoid icon and click on Change account settings.
In the interface Accounts, click Sign-in options . Then you look at the right content and you will see 3 options to create a password for Windows 10, including creating a regular password (Password), creating a password with a PIN only and creating a password with picture (Picture password).
If you want to create a regular Windows 10 security password , click Change at Password .
We will enter a password in the New password box , prompt the password in the Reenter password, and type a password hint at Password hint if you forget the password to log into your computer. Then click Next below. Finally click Finish to complete the password setting.
If you want to use a PIN to set Windows 10 login password, click Add in the PIN section .
Then we enter PIN as numbers into this interface.
Besides, we can customize the length, short for PIN or usage time for PIN on Windows 10 according to the article below.
- How to customize the Windows 10 PIN code character limit
- How to activate a self-destructing PIN on Windows 10
If you want to set up a Windows 10 password with pictures , click Add in the Picture Password section .
Then click Choose picture to choose the picture to be the Windows 10 login password. However, this way is quite complicated because you will need to identify 3 pixels and draw the pattern to unlock the computer.
So you should choose to create a regular password or use a PIN to create a login password on Windows 10.
So when you log in to your computer, you will need to enter the correct password you created earlier.
How to change a Windows 10 password
Change Windows 10 password from Control Panel
1. Open the Control Panel. Set the View by option to Large icons. Click User Accounts.
2. Click the Manage another account link .
3. Click the user account for which you want to change the password.
4. On the next screen, click the Change the password option.
5. Enter your current password and then the new password you want to use. Click Change password.
Change Windows 10 password from PC Settings
1. Press the
I keys to open the Settings application. Click Accounts.
2. Click the Sign-in option on the left and click the Change button in the Password section on the right.
3. Enter your current password and click Next.
4. Enter the new password twice and set a password hint. Click Next.
Change Windows 10 password from Computer Management
1. Right-click the This PC icon on the desktop and then choose Manage.
2. In Computer Management , expand Local Users and Groups> Users on the left side. Right-click the desired user in the middle, and then choose Set Password.
3. Click the Proceed button to confirm.
4. Enter the new password twice and click OK.
Change Windows 10 password using Netplwiz
1. Press the
R keys together to open the Run box . Type netplwiz and press
2. In the User Accounts window, select a user account for which you want to change the password and then click the Reset Password button .
3. Enter the new password for the user account, and then press OK.
How to change Windows 10 password using cmd command
In addition to using the settings to set and change a password, you can use the cmd command to do this on all versions of Windows. Follow these steps:
- Open cmd with Admin rights, enter the following command to list all existing accounts on the machine and press
- Type the following command to change the password for the account and press
net user USERNAME *
- In this command, change USERNAME to the account name you need to change the password for. For example, here I want to change the password for our account, the command will be: net user Make techin.com * as below:
- Enter the new password for the user and press
- Enter the new password again to confirm it and press
Once you’ve completed the steps above, sign out of your Windows 10 account and sign in again to use your new password. If your Windows 10 account is linked to your Microsoft account, the above steps to change your password won’t be applicable. You will need to change your Microsoft account password to be able to.
Above is how to set a password for Windows 10 computers, in 3 different ways set by normal password, by PIN and by picture. However, the simple and effective way chosen by many people is to set a regular password and use a PIN.
I wish you all success!