Windows 10 comes with its own VPN client that you can configure to quickly and securely access a private network over the Internet.
The only reminder is that once you save the settings, it is not possible to retrieve the password if you forget it and you need this information to establish a new connection on another device. However, you can use third-party tools, such as Dialupass, to quickly recover saved passwords for all virtual private network (VPN) connections.
In this tutorial, you will learn the steps to recover saved password for VPN connection on Windows 10.
How to recover VPN connection password on Windows 10
To retrieve the VPN connection configured on Windows 10, follow these steps:
Important Note : Although Dialupass works, it is still a third party tool provided without any warranties and use it at your own risk. The author of this app also warns that some antivirus software might consider it malicious, but it’s just a fake warning.
1. Open the Nirsoft website.
2. Scroll down to the Feedback section and click the Download Dialupass link .
3. Save the zip file to the device.
4. Double-click the dialupass.zip file .
5. Click the Extract all button from the Compressed Folder Tools tab.
6. (Optional) Specify a location to extract files.
7. Select the option Show extracted files when complete .
8. Click the Extract button .
9. Double-click the dialupass.exe file .
10. Confirm passwords for VPN connections.
When you complete the steps, passwords for all VPN connections and other settings will be displayed. Now, you can copy and store passwords in a safe place.
Note : While the article focuses on this guide on Windows 10, this tool will also work on older versions, including Windows 8.1 and Windows 7.