Power plan is a collection of hardware settings and systems that manage how a computer uses power. Power plans can save you energy, maximize system performance, or strike a balance between the two.
- How to choose Power Plan in Windows 10
All users (standard and admin) can make changes to any power plan setting. Changes made to the power plan affect all users who have selected the same option.
Windows 10 includes the following default power plans: Balanced, Power saver, High performance, and Ultimate Performance. This guide will show you how to restore default Balanced, High performance, Power saver or Ultimate Performance power plan if it is missing in Windows 10.
If your computer supports Modern Standby, you will only have Balanced power plan by default and will not be able to add any default power plans other than Balanced. However, you can still create and add a custom power plan with Modern Standby.
Restore the default power plan that is missing using the Command Prompt
1. Open Command Prompt.
2. Copy and paste the command below for the missing power plan you want to restore into the Command Prompt and press Enter.
powercfg -duplicatescheme a1841308-3541-4fab-bc81-f71556f20b4a
powercfg -duplicatescheme 381b4222-f694-41f0-9685-ff5bb260df2e
powercfg -duplicatescheme 8c5e7fda-e8bf-4a96-9a85-a6e23a8c635c
(Ultimate Performance – Windows 10 build 17101 or higher)
powercfg -duplicatescheme e9a42b02-d5df-448d-aa00-03f14749eb61
3. Now, you can close the Command Prompt if you want.
Restore the default missing power plan by importing the POW file
Note : You must be logged in as an admin to perform this option. This option can be helpful if option 1 above is not right for you.
1. Download the file Default_Power_Plans.zip.
2. Save the file Default_Power_Plans.zip to the desktop.
3. Unblock the file Default_Power_Plans.zip.
4. Open the Default_Power_Plans.zip file and extract (drag and drop) the Balanced.pow, High performance.pow, Power saver.pow or Ultimate Performance.pow file into the screen, depending on the missing power plan you want to restore. .
5. Open Command Prompt as administrator.
6. Enter the command below into the Command Prompt and press Enter :
powercfg -import "Đường dẫn đầy đủ của file .pow"
powercfg -import "C:UsersBrinkDesktopUltimate Performance.pow"
7. When done, you can close the Command Prompt if you want.
- How to restore the Administrative Tools shortcut on Windows 10