In this article, we will show you how to prevent your mouse from automatically clicking or automatically selecting a link or window when you just move the cursor and never press the button.
Prevent mouse from automatically clicking or selecting when you move the cursor in Windows 10
To prevent mouse from automatically clicking or selecting when you move the cursor in Windows 10, you need to check the mouse’s settings in Accessibility by following these steps:
- Open Control Panel
- Select Ease of Access Center
- Search and click Make the mouse easier to use
- Go to the Make it easier to manage windows section
- Uncheck Active a window by hovering over it with the mouse
- Click Apply and OK
Note : Some people report that this problem only occurs when they enable the Single-click to open item option in the General tab on File Explorer Options .
So, you should also check and switch to the Double-click to open an item (single-click to select) option .
If the methods above have not worked then you should check the following:
- Try the mouse on another computer to see if the problem is with the hardware
- Try the mouse on other programs because it is possible that a particular program is having problems
- Update or reinstall the mouse and touchpad drivers.
- Run the Hardware Troubleshooter hardware troubleshooter
- Reset touchpad
- Reduce the sensitivity of the touchpad
- Try to fix the problem in Safe Mode