Normally, if we want to quickly open an application, we will create a shortcut on the Desktop. However, if you do not want to create too many off-screen shortcuts for fear of being confused, there is still one more way, that is to add the application icon to the Taskbar.
There are many ways to pin apps to the taskbar, also known as putting application icons down the taskbar. Below, make TechReprint.com will show you the simplest, fastest ways to pin software, applications to the taskbar. Invite you to track offline!
- Method 1: Pin apps to Taskbar by drag and drop
- Method 2: Bring the application icon to the Taskbar with the right mouse button
- Method 3: Pin the program to the Taskbar from the Start menu
- Method 4: Pin the program to the Taskbar from the File Explorer context menu
- Method 5: Pin the program to the Taskbar from the File Explorer ribbon
- Method 6: Pin the program to the Taskbar when the program is running
- Unpin apps on Taskbar
- Video instructions to pin applications to the taskbar
Method 1: Pin apps to Taskbar by drag and drop
This is the easiest way to pin an app to the Taskbar. Just left-click on the app icon you want to pin, then drag it to the Taskbar and release the mouse. App icons can be on the desktop, Start menu, or even an executable (.exe) file of the application.
Similar to method 1, but instead of drag and drop, you right-click the icon of the application you want to add to the Taskbar and select Pin to Taskbar . If you cannot find Pin to taskbar, see if there is More option as shown below, then clicking will see Pin to taskbar .
1. Click the Start button , located on the lower left side of the desktop.
2. Locate the program you want to pin . If the show you want isn’t in the Most Used or Recently Added list , click All apps , at the bottom left of the Start menu. When you click All apps , a tree will appear with an alphabetical list of all available programs or program folders.
3. Right-click (or press and hold) the program you want . When you right-click on a program, a context menu will appear next to the program.
4. Select “Pin to taskbar” from the context menu . The program icon will then appear on the Taskbar. Now, you can launch the program quickly by clicking the pinned icon on the Taskbar.
1. Open File Explorer . You can click the File Explorer icon that is pinned to the Taskbar. You can also click the Start button to open the Start menu, and then click File Explorer on the left.
2. Locate the program you want by navigating the tree . Click drive C: to expand the tree. Then locate and click the Program Files folder to see the list of programs or program folders.
3. Right-click (or press and hold) the program you want . A context menu pops up next to the program / application name.
4. Pin the program to the Taskbar . The list of options in the context menu is pretty long, so look for the Pin to taskbar option and tap on that. Doing so will pin the program / application to the Taskbar.
Method 5: Pin the program to the Taskbar from the File Explorer ribbon
1. Open File Explorer. If the File Explorer icon is pinned to the Taskbar, click the icon to open a File Explorer window. Alternatively, you can open the Start menu and then click File Explorer on the left.
2. Find a program to pin. On the left side of the File Explorer window is a tree. Locate, then click the arrow next to the C: drive to expand its folder.
Find and then click the Program Files folder. When you do this, you will see a list of programs or program folders on the right side of the window.
– Double-click the program folder you want.
3. Open the program’s Application tools / Manage tab . When you click on the desired program, the Application tools / Manage tab will appear. This is a contextual tab (one that appears only when there are specific options). Click the Application tools / Manage tab.
4. Pin the program to the Taskbar. When you click on the Application tools / Manage tab, you should see three boxes or buttons appear on the ribbon. On the far left side of the ribbon is the Pin to taskbar button. Click the Pin to taskbar button and a program icon will appear on the Taskbar, indicating it’s now pinned.
Method 6: Pin the program to the Taskbar when the program is running
1. Run the program or application you want to pin to the Taskbar. When you open the program, its icon will appear on the Taskbar. However, this icon disappears when you close the program or application.
2. Right-click (or press and hold) the icon of the program running on the Taskbar . An options menu will appear, listing some actions you can perform with the open program or application.
3. Select Pin this program to the taskbar . From the pop-up menu, click Pin this program to taskbar . This will pin the program to the Taskbar, even after it closes.
Unpin apps on Taskbar
When you no longer need to use the pinned software as much as before, you can remove it from the taskbar to make room for more essential applications. How to do it is very simple, right-click the icon of the application you want to unpin> select Unpin from taskbar .
Video instructions to pin applications to the taskbar
- Instructions to hide the Taskbar in 2 steps
- Tricks to customize Taskbar on Windows 10 effective
- Trick to pin Run command to Start Menu and Taskbar on Windows 10
Hope the article is useful to you!