Most laptops have a webcam so we can use the front camera on our computer. With this camera we can easily make video calls when using video calling apps with computer version such as video calling on Zalo PC, video calling on Facebook PC, … We don’t need to use additional devices. Separate camera to connect to the laptop like desktop computers. In each different Win version, the camera opening is generally not too different or need to set many other customizations. The following article will guide you how to open the camera on Windows versions on laptops.
- Fix the webcam not working in Windows 10
- How to check if your webcam is hacked or not
- Synthesis of how to fix laptop webcam errors
- Guide to set up Webcam as Surveillance Camera
1. How to open camera on laptop Win 7
With Win 7 laptops, if we have installed the camera opening software, we just need to press the Start button and enter the camera in the search box to open it.
If nothing like a webcam application appears, replace search words like “webcam” or “web camera”.
Select the Windows 7 camera that appears in the search results. This will launch the laptop camera software and automatically open the laptop camera.
Adjust the laptop until the camera selects the image position you want to take, such as your face or a specific area. You will see the image on the preview screen on your laptop, just like a digital camera. Most laptop cameras automatically try to focus on the faces in the frame. If this feature is not available on your camera, it can either focus on the subject closest to the range or focus on areas with bright light.
Adjust the settings until the picture on the screen looks the way you want. Settings can include focus, as well as brightness, color contrast, and sharpness. Adjust them by sliding the screen markers horizontally and vertically, depending on the setting. Follow the on-screen commands to save the settings.
How to open the laptop camera to video chat in Windows 7
Stop any applications that use the laptop camera and connect the computer to a high-speed Internet connection.
Launch any Windows-compatible video chat software, such as Skype or AIM Video Messenger. The software automatically turns on the camera and allows you to video chat with contacts using similar or compatible video chat software. You’ll see a screen similar to that of the Camera app, and you can adjust the settings and capture area just like you did in the initial setup.
Add a camera icon to the screen for easy access. Right-click the application, then choose Send to> Desktop from the menus that appear.
Completely exit the camera application for security when not in use, by right-clicking on the program icon, and selecting Close.
In the case that there is no software on the laptop to open the camera, we need to install additional software that supports CyberLink YouCam.
Click the link below to download CyberLink YouCam to your computer and then boot to install.
- Download CyberLink YouCam software
Select the language of the software is English, the software installation directory and click Next below to continue.
When displaying the interface as shown below, we click the Continue button to complete the installation process of CyberLink YouCam on Windows 7.
Open the CyberLink YouCam software and you will see the webcam screen displayed on the software interface. Click the circle icon in the middle of the screen to take a photo. You can change to the video recording mode if desired.
In addition, CyberLink YouCam provides many effects, picture frames to use.
2. How to open the camera on Win 8
We hover the mouse on the edge of the screen on the right and then enter the keyword camera in the search box. When displaying results just click on the camera to open it.
3. Open the camera on the laptop Win 10
At the interface on the computer we enter the keyword camera in the search bar and then click on the results.
Display the screen interface with the camera on the computer. The camera automatically detects the faces shown in the screen. Faces are recognized and represented in a square. 2 icons on the left to turn on and off HDR mode, select the countdown time before taking a photo.
To take a photo, click on the camera icon. If you want to record a video, click on the video icon above.
Display the video recording screen, press the middle video recording button to record the video.
Click the gear icon to change settings when taking photos and recording videos. When taking pictures, the interface is adjusted as below.
- Show advanced control: replace the photo countdown with the light bar.
- Photo Quality: choose the quality of the image.
- Framing grid: will display the grid to help you align the image as you like.
- Time lapse: time lapse effect and after pressing the shutter button, the software will start recording a short video with Time-lapse effect.
The video editing part as shown below includes:
- Quality: to choose the video quality.
- Flicker reduction: adjust the scan frequency to reduce the flicker when shooting videos under the led light.
- Digital video stabilization: video recording at a more stable speed, but if the video is recorded in case of moving objects, this feature will cause the camera to focus more slowly.
However, the Camera app isn’t the only program where you might want to use the camera. To fully activate the camera and use in other programs:
1. Click the Start button, then click Settings.
2. In the window that appears, scroll down to the Privacy section and click on it.
3. On the left side of the menu, scroll down to the Camera section and click on it. From here, you can click the sliders to enable or disable using your camera with other apps.
Above is how to open the camera on different Win operating systems on a laptop. If you install Cyberlink YouCam software, we proceed to customize the software interface, while with the camera available on the computer, the setup is simpler.
I wish you all success!