Search Windows and the web from the Taskbar for help, apps, files, settings, and more. You can also get quick answers from the web – like weather, stock prices, currency conversions, etc. – and get to the website faster using the links in the preview panel.
Microsoft separates the Search and Cortana user interfaces
Starting with Windows 10 build 18305.1003, Microsoft separated the Search and Cortana UI by providing them with individual buttons and files on the Taskbar. Separate Search and Cortana features are currently only available to certain Windows Insider users, using A / B testing. If already included in this A / B testing you can choose to hide or show separate Search and Cortana buttons on the taskbar right now.
Starting with Windows 10 build 18317, Microsoft will separate Search and Cortana in the Taskbar. This will allow each experience to innovate independently to best serve their target audience and use cases. Some Insider users have had this update in the past few weeks. When it launches, you’ll see clicking the search box on the taskbar is focused on giving you the best search experience, while clicking on the Cortana icon takes you straight into the technical assistant experience. Top voice numbers.
UPDATE : Search and Cortana are now separate for everyone.
This guide will show you how to show the search icon, show the search box, or hide the search on the Taskbar in Windows 10.
– You can press Win + S to open Search.
– If you have multiple monitors, the search box (if set to show) will be visible only on the main screen, while the other screens show the search icon.
If you have Tablet Mode enabled, then you will see this below when you right click on the Taskbar:
Hide / show Taskbar search box / icon in taskbar context menu
Right-click or press and hold the Taskbar on the home screen, click Search and choose Hidden, Show search icon, or Show search box , depending on what you want.
- The search box will only show up on the home screen.
- The Show search box will not be available if the taskbar position is not at the bottom of the main screen.
- The Show search box will not be available if you use the small taskbar buttons.
- Show search box will not be available if the main screen’s screen resolution is set below 1024 x 768.