Starting with Windows 10 build 14901, Microsoft is experimenting with new notifications in File Explorer, as part of an effort to discover new ways to guide users about Windows 10 features.
They are designed to help users by providing quick, easy information about what to do or new features to try out for a better experience with Windows 10.
This guide will show you how to hide or show vendor notifications in File Explorer on Windows 10.
- 5 best Windows File Explorer extensions for managing files on your system
Hide / show provider notifications in File Explorer using File Explorer Options
1. Open File Explorer Options .
2. Click the View tab (default) or uncheck the box of Show sync provider notifications , depending on what you want and click OK.
Hide / show vendor notification in File Explorer with REG file
The downloadable .reg files below make the changes to the registry key and the below value:
0 = Hide (off)
1 = Display (enabled)
1. Do step 2 (show) or step 3 (hide) below depending on what you want to do.
2. To display vendor notifications in File Explorer (this is the default setting), download the Turn_On_Show_sync_provider_notifications.reg file and go to step 4 below.
3. To hide provider notifications in File Explorer, download the Turn_Off_Show_sync_provider_notifications.reg file and go to step 4 below.
4. Save the .reg file to the desktop.
5. Double-click the downloaded .reg file to merge.
6. When prompted, click Run> Yes (UAC)> Yes> OK to approve the merge.
7. Now, you can delete the downloaded .reg file if you want.