Sometimes you will get the DirectX failed to initialize error when installing software such as Virtual DJ on Windows 10. In this article, we will introduce you solutions that can help you fix the above problem.
The full error message you receive is:
DirectX failed to initialize, Please install the correct drivers for your video card
This error can appear even if you have a video card that supports DirectX. To fix this, try the solutions below:
How to fix the DirectX failed to initialize error on Windows 10
- 1. Update the video card driver
- 2. Update DirectX version
- 3. Install Visual C ++ Redistributable
- 4. Disable Hardware Acceleration
- 5. Install the 32-bit version of the application
1. Update the video card driver
The first solution that you should do is to update your video card driver. To update the driver, access the following articles and follow the instructions:
- 2 simple ways to update VGA driver for computer monitor, laptop
- How to update driver for NVIDIA video card
- How to update driver for AMD video card on Windows 10
2. Update DirectX version
DirectX is a multimedia technology bundle that a wide range of Windows 10 software and games are required to function. If your computer does not have a compatible version of DirectX installed, the software will not work properly.
Accessing Microsoft or activating Windows Update are the best ways to update DirectX. If you’re running Windows 10, chances are you already have the latest version of DirextX installed. Not all versions of Windows can run the latest DirectX version.
You can refer to how to download, install or update the latest DirectX version through the following article:
- How to download Direct X and install DirectX on a computer
3. Install Visual C ++ Redistributable
Microsoft Visual C ++ Redistributable is a runtime file library used by many programs and parts of Windows. Uninstalling Visual C ++ Redistributable will cause some programs to stop working. Therefore, you need to reinstall Visual C ++ Redistributable Packages by downloading Visual C ++ Runtime Installer.
4. Disable Hardware Acceleration
In a computer, a hardware acceleration feature is to use the hardware in a special way to perform some functions more efficiently than possible. In this solution you need to disable hardware acceleration to see if that fixes the problem.
You can see how to turn off hardware acceleration in the following article:
- Disable / enable Hardware Accelerated GPU Scheduling in Windows 10
5. Install the 32-bit version of the application
If the software you are installing has the error DirectX is 64-bit, you can try to download and install the 32-bit version to see if there is a problem or not.
I wish you success and invite you to read more great tips on make tech: