Taskbar is one of the key components of Windows 10. You can customize the color of this tool to make your desktop more attractive. However, there are some users who have encountered the error of not being able to change the color of the Taskbar.
In this article, we will guide you on how to fix Taskbar cannot color change error on Windows 10.
How to change the color and customize the Taskbar
To change the color of the Taskbar, you just need to visit the Settings of Windows 10, without using any other software. In Settings , choose Personalization and then Colors .
In the drop-down menu called Choose your Color , you can see 3 options: Light , Dark and Custom . However, there are only two options, Dark and Custom , that allow you to change the Taskbar color.
Details on how to change the color of Taskbar on Windows 10 can be found in the article below:
- Enable / disable color rendering for Start, Taskbar and Action Center in Windows 10
How to fix Taskbar can not change color
If you cannot change the taskbar color on Windows 10, there are some solutions you can do:
Turn off Color filters
Microsoft’s color filters will make the viewing experience for users’ photos and videos better and more convenient. However, it may conflict with the user’s color choice. To turn off Color filters, do the following:
- Press Windows + I to access Settings
- Find and click Ease to Access
- Click on Color filters
- Turn the button on Turn on color filters to Off
Change Windows theme
Sometimes we use Windows themes provided by third parties and it affects the color settings. In this case, you need to restore the default Microsoft theme following these steps:
- Press Windows + I to open Settings then choose Personalization (or right-click on the desktop and then select Personalization )
- Scroll down to select and apply the default Windows theme
- Reboot the device if the theme is not being applied immediately
I wish you success and invite you to refer to many other great tips on Quantum: