To print on both sides of the paper, you need to install the duplex module. Here are the steps to enable duplex printing in Windows 10.
Steps to enable duplex printing in Windows 10
To turn on duplex mode in Windows 10, follow the steps below.
1. Click the “Notifications” icon on the taskbar. You can find it in the bottom right corner of the screen.
2. Now, click the “All Settings” button to open Settings.
3. After opening the Settings app, go to the Devices page .
4. Select the Printers & Scanners page on the left panel.
5. Click the default printer and click the Manage button .
6. Select the Printing Properties link from the list of options.
7. Go to the Device Settings tab
8. Select the Installed option from “Duplex Unit” .
9. Click OK to save the changes.
10. Close the Properties window .
11. Close the Settings app .
From now on, you will be able to print on both sides of the paper thanks to the duplex feature.
If you cannot see the duplex option in the Printer Properties window, your printer might not support it or the driver needs to be updated. If it’s the driver problem, try the steps again after updating the driver.
Depending on your printer and its driver, the two-sided printing option might be in a tab or another option. So see all tabs if you cannot find the two-sided printing option shown in the steps above.
To print on both sides of the paper, you need to select the duplex option while sending the printing instructions. Generally, the option will be available in the Advanced options section in the print dialog.
- How to add a printer to Windows 10