Starting with Windows 10 17083, Microsoft added a new setting that lets you sync your activities to the cloud for a seamless, cross-device experience.
Work in sync for a seamless experience
You can enable the Let Windows sync my activities from this PC to the cloud option in the Settings application or through the option provided at the bottom of the Timeline. Until the new user activates this setting, the Timeline will only show 4 days of activity.
If needed, you can set up a group policy in Windows 10 to allow (enable) or prevent (disable) the user from being able to enable (select) Let Windows sync my activities from this PC to the cloud while using the user. account on PC. This policy setting determines whether the published User Activities can be uploaded.
This guide will show you how to enable or disable Send my activity history to Microsoft feature for all users in Windows 10.
Enable / disable sync activity from PC to cloud in Local Group Policy Editor
Local Group Policy Editor is only available in Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions.
1. Open Local Group Policy Editor.
2. In the left panel of Local Group Policy Editor , click to expand Computer Configuration, Administrative Templates, System and OS Policies.
3. In the right panel of OS Policies , double-click the Allow upload of User Activities policy to edit.
4. Do step 5 (to turn on) or step 6 (to turn off) below, depending on what you want to do.
5. To enable sync to work from PC to cloud for all users, select Not Configured or Enabled , click OK and go to step 7 below.
Not Configured is the default setting.
6. To disable sync work from PC to cloud for all users, select Disabled , click OK and go to step 7 below.
7. When done, you can close the Local Group Policy Editor if you want.