Included in the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit, the Windows Performance Toolkit includes performance monitoring tools that create in-depth profiles of the performance of Windows operating systems and applications.
Windows Performance Toolkit
Windows Performance Toolkit includes two independent tools: Windows Performance Recorder (WPR) and Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA) .
Windows Performance Recorder (WPR) is a performance recording tool based on Event Tracing for Windows (ETW). It logs system events that you can then analyze using Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA).
Windows Performance Analyzer (WPA) is a tool that generates graphs and datasheets of Event Tracing for Windows (ETW) events recorded by Windows Performance Recorder (WPR), Xperf or an evaluation run in Assessment. Platform. WPA can open any event log file (ETL) for analysis.
GPUView is also included with the Windows Performance Toolkit. GPUView is a tool that reads the kernel and video events recorded from the event log file (.etl) and presents the data graphically to the user.
Developers can use GPUView to determine the performance of the graphics processing unit (GPU) and central processing unit (CPU), in relation to the processing of the write-to-buffer process. direct memory (DMA) (and all other video processing operations) on video hardware. Developers and tester staff can use GPUView to display a variety of events, potentially leading to unusual conditions, such as malfunctions, delays in preparation, and poor synchronization.
This guide will show you how to download and install the Windows Performance Toolkit to use the Windows Performance Recorder, GPUView and Windows Performance Analyzer tools in Windows 10.
Note: You must be logged in as admin to download and install the Windows Performance Toolkit.
How to download and install Windows Performance Toolkit in Windows 10
Here’s how to do it:
1. Download Windows ADK from Microsoft for your version of Windows 10.
2. Run the downloaded adksetup.exe file.
3. If you have Windows ADK installed, select Change , click Continue, and go to step 7.
4. Select where you want to install the Windows Assessment and Deployment Kit (Windows ADK) and click Next.
5. Select Yes (default) or No to send anonymous data to Microsoft for Windows 10 Kits and click Next.
6. Click Accept to agree to the license agreement.
7. Select Windows Performance Toolkit to install and click Install or Change.
8. If prompted by UAC, click Yes to approve.
9. Windows Performance Toolkit will now begin to be installed.
10. When the installation is finished, click Close.
11. You should now see Windows Performance Recorder, GPUView and Windows Performance Analyzer from the Windows Performance Toolkit listed in the Start menu.
- How to work with Performance Monitor in Windows