To prevent users from locking Windows 10 computer, follow below steps to turn off Lock Screen lock screen in Windows 10.
Any user in Windows can lock the system by pressing the Win + L keyboard shortcut. Actually, there are many ways to lock the Windows screen. This special feature is very useful when you leave the system but do not want others to access it. When you lock the system, other people won’t be able to use the system without knowing the password or pin code. If needed, you can also configure Windows 10 to automatically lock after a period of inactivity.
However, there are situations where you need to block the lock screen in Windows 10. For example, in a work environment, you may not want a specific computer to be locked because that will prevent other users from using the machine. This situation is also applicable to home computers, where sharing the same user account with multiple people is common.
Regardless of the reason, if you don’t want Windows to lock the screen, you just need to disable Windows 10 lock screen.
Use Group Policy to turn off Windows 10 lock screen
Windows 10 Pro users can use Group Policy to turn off the lock screen. Follow the steps below.
1. Click the Windows key to open the Start menu .
2. Enter Edit group policy .
3. Click Edit Group Policy to open the Group Policy Editor.
4. In the policy editor, go to the Computer configuration> Administrative template> Control panel> Personalization folder.
5. Double-click the Do not display the lock screen policy . You can find it on the right.
6. Select the Enabled option .
7. Click the Apply button > OK .
8. Close the Group Policy Editor .
9. Restart Windows 10.
After rebooting the system, the modified policy will be fully activated. From this point on, no user on the system can lock Windows. To revert the changes, set the policy status to “Not configured” in step 6.
Use the registry key to turn off the lock screen in Windows 10
By creating the registry value “NoLockScreen” , you can easily turn off the Windows 10 lock screen. If you don’t have access to the Group Policy Editor, follow this method.
1. Open the Run window . You can press Win + R to open it.
2. Type regedit and click OK.
3. After opening Registry Editor, navigate to the directory below:
4. Right-click on the Windows folder .
5. Select New> Key .
6. Name the new folder Personalization.
7. Right-click the Personalization folder .
8. Select the New> DWORD value option .
9. Name it NoLockScreen.
10. Double-click the DWORD value you just created.
11. Enter 1 in the Value Data field .
12. Click OK to set the value.
13. Close Registry Editor.
14. Restart Windows.
After restarting Windows, it will no longer allow the user to lock the screen. Thus, you have successfully disabled the Windows lock screen. To revert the change and turn on the lock screen, either remove the NoLockScreen value or change its Value Data to 0 .
Refer to some more articles below:
- How do I get the Windows 10 Anniversary Update?
- Free up memory space after Windows 10 Anniversary update
- What is Developer Mode on Windows 10? How do I activate this mode?