Windows 10 Pro, Enterprise, and Education editions include Hyper-V virtualization technology. Hyper-V, which allows running virtualized computing systems on physical servers.
Virtualization Hyper-V feature on Windows 10
These virtualized systems can be used and managed as if they were physical computer systems, but they exist in a virtualized and isolated environment. Special software called the Hypervisor manages access between the virtual system and the physical hardware resources.
Virtualization enables the rapid deployment of computer systems, quick restoration of systems to previous normal state, and the ability to move systems between physical servers.
Hyper-V Manager is a tool to diagnose and manage Hyper-V hosts locally and a small number of remote hosts. Hyper-V Manager is available through Programs and Features as Hyper-V Management Tools on any Windows operating system with Hyper-V included. The Hyper-V platform does not need to be enabled for remote host management.
This tutorial will show you how to create a Hyper-V Manager shortcut in Windows 10.
How to manually create a Hyper-V Manager shortcut
1. Right-click or press and hold an empty area on the desktop and click New> Shortcut .
2. Copy and paste the location below into the location area and click Next.
3. Enter Hyper-V Manager as the name and click the Finish button .
Note : You can name this shortcut whatever you want.
4. Right-click or click and hold the new Hyper-V Manager shortcut and click Properties.
5. Click the Shortcut tab, then click the Change Icon button .
6. In the line below “Look for icons in this file” , copy and paste the location below and press Enter.
7. Select the icon highlighted in blue above and click OK. However, you can use any icon you want.
8. Click OK.
9. You can pin it to the taskbar, Start menu, add All apps, Quick Launch , assign a shortcut or move the shortcut to where you want it to be easy to use.
- Create a Safely Remove Hardware shortcut on Windows 10