To reset the default colors, you can clear recent color history in Windows 10. Here are the steps to follow.
Customize Windows 10 with accent color options
You can configure Windows 10 to set an accent color based on your background image. When you don’t want Windows to change the accent color every time the wallpaper changes, you can manually set the accent color with just a few clicks.
All you have to do is open the Settings app and go to Personalization> Colors and choose the accent color you want from the Windows Colors section that appears in the right panel.
If you frequently change the accent color, there will be times when you want to use the accent color you used before. The good thing is that Windows 10 helps you do this. Each time you change the accent color, the previous accent color, stored in the Recent Colors section, appears directly above the Windows Colors section . The recent color section can contain up to 5 colors.
However, for whatever reason, if you want to remove recent colors in Windows 10, you can do it with just a few clicks. Let make tech easier show you how to clear recent color history in Windows 10.
Registry key to delete recent color history
To clear recent color history, you need to delete a registry key. Before doing that, make a backup of the registry. This should only take a few seconds. Registry backup will help you restore the system in the event of an emergency.
1. First, open Registry Editor. You can do that by searching for “regedit” in the Start menu.
2. After opening Registry Editor, paste the following path in the address bar and press Enter. On the right panel, you can see how Windows keeps track of all recent colors.
3. As mentioned, you need to remove the Colors folder to clear the history of recent colors. So right-click on the Colors folder on the left panel and choose the Delete option .
4. Windows will display a warning prompt. Click the Yes button to continue.
As you can see from the image below, the example has successfully deleted the recent colors in Windows 10. After deleting the colors recently, Windows will replace them with the default colors. If you change the accent color again, the previous color will automatically be added to the recent colors section.
- Steps to clear Jump Lists history on Windows 10