The Action Center in Windows 10 features personalized Quick Actions at the bottom, taking you to your most used settings and apps instantly. For example, you can easily enable / disable or open items like Airplane mode, All settings, Connect, Display, Location, Note, Quiet hours, Tablet Mode, VPN and Wi-Fi .
Users can select Quick Actions in Settings to display at the bottom of the Action Center.
This tutorial will show you how to change the number of Quick Actions displayed in Action Center in Windows 10.
You must be logged in as admin to be able to change the number of Quick Actions displayed in Action Center and Settings for all users.
The setting will only show up to 6 Quick Actions, but the Action Center can display all the existing Quick Actions without having to expand.
How to change the number of Quick Actions displayed in Action Center Windows 10
Here’s how to do it:
1. Press Win + R to open Run , type regedit and click OK to open Registry Editor.
2. If prompted by UAC, click Yes.
3. Browse to the Quick Actions key located below in Registry Editor.
4. In the right pane of the Quick Actions key, double-click on DWORD PinnedQuickActionSlotCount to modify it.
5. Select Decimal , enter a number corresponding to the number of Quick Actions you want to display and click OK.
4 is the default number of quick actions to show.
0 will not show any quick actions in the Action Center until you expand them.
For example, you have a total of 13 Quick Actions in Action Center, so you can enter a number from 0 to 13 to display without having to expand.
6. Restart explorer or log off and log back in to apply the changes.
Note : This method applies only to versions prior to Windows 10 build 18277.
- Enable / disable color rendering for Start, Taskbar and Action Center in Windows 10