Windows manages a user’s processor resources automatically, and can assign tasks between processors or manage multiple processes on one processor. By default, Windows adjusts to prioritize the best performance of programs over background services.
Optimize Windows for your own needs
To optimize Windows for specific needs, you can adjust processor schedule by choosing how to allocate processor resources so that it is optimized when running programs (foreground service) or service. background (eg, print or backup) with higher responsiveness.
This guide will show you how to allocate processor resources to tune the best performance of background programs or services in Windows 10.
– You must be logged in as admin to manage processor scheduling.
Unless you are running a server (home server, media server, etc.), it is best to schedule the processor for the programs.
- Adjust screen resolution on Windows 10/8/7
How to allocate processor resources for best performance with Performance Options
1. Open Control Panel (icon view) and click the System icon .
2. Click the Advanced system settings link on the left side and close the System control panel window if you wish.
3. Click the Advanced tab and click the Settings button in the Performance section .
4. Click the Advanced tab, choose Programs (default) or Background services , depending on what you want under “Adjust for best performance of” and click OK.
5. Click OK.