When Windows 10 displays a notification, for example, when it is necessary to update the Defender signature or take some action related to system maintenance, the sound is played by default. For a new email notification, however, Windows 10 plays an individual sound. Here’s how to change or disable it.
Windows 10 comes with a Universal app, “Mail”. This application is intended to provide basic email functionality for Windows 10 users. It supports multiple accounts, comes with preset settings to quickly add mail accounts from popular services and covers all of those. functionality required to read, send and receive emails.
If you want to change or disable the new mail notification sound in Windows 10, you need to open the Classic Sounds applet. Implementation details are as follows.
Change the new mail notification sound in Windows 10
1. Open the Settings app.
2. Go to Personalization> Themes .
3. On the right side, click the Sounds button .
4. In the Sounds dialog box, scroll to New Mail Notification in the Program Events list .
5. To change the mail notification sound in Windows 10, click the Browse button to select a WAV file.
6. Alternatively, you can choose any other sound from the drop-down list. These sounds are * .wav files stored in C: Windows Media folder .
7. Click the Apply> OK button to close the Sound dialog box .
Finally, the Sound applet can also be opened from the Control Panel. Go to Control Panel> Hardware and Sound . There, click the Sound icon .
Note : Changing the existing Sound Scheme will reset new custom mail notification sounds. Also, changing the theme might reset the notification tones, as the new theme comes with its own settings for Windows sounds.
Disable mail notification sound in Windows 10
To disable mail notification sounds in Windows 10, follow steps 1 through 4 above, and then select (None) in the Sounds drop-down list . Finally, click the Apply> OK button to close the Sound dialog box.