Task Scheduler is a built-in Windows utility that allows you to run an application, service or script at a given time. In this tutorial, make TechReprint.com will show you 5 ways to open Task Scheduler in Windows 10.
- 1. Open Task Scheduler from the Run dialog box
- 2. Open Task Scheduler from Command Prompt
- 3. Open Task Scheduler using Cortana Search
- 4. Open Task Scheduler from Control Panel
- 5. Open Task Scheduler from the Start menu
- 6. Open Task Scheduler by creating a shortcut wherever you want
- 7. Open Task Scheduler using Task Manager
- 8. Open Task Scheduler using the Computer Management console
1. Open Task Scheduler from the Run dialog box
R keys to open the Run box. Type taskchd.msc and press
2. Open Task Scheduler from Command Prompt
Open Command Prompt. In Windows 10, you can press
Win key +
X and choose Command Prompt from the Power User menu.
At Command Prompt , type control schedtasks and press
3. Open Task Scheduler using Cortana Search
Click the Cortana Search box on the Windows 10 taskbar, enter a schedule, and click the Task Scheduler search result .
4. Open Task Scheduler from Control Panel
Open Control Panel in Windows 10. Set the View by option to Small icons or Large icons. Click Administrative Tools.
From the new window, you can click the Task Scheduler shortcut to launch it.
Click the Start button in Windows 10. From the Start menu, expand Administrative Tools and then click Task Scheduler.
If you are running Windows 7, you can find the Task Scheduler by going to Start menu> All Programs> Accessories> System tools> Task Scheduler .
6. Open Task Scheduler by creating a shortcut wherever you want
If you like creating shortcuts to all the important things on your Windows PC, then the good news is you can do the same for Task Scheduler as well. When creating a shortcut, just remember that the target should be taskchd.msc. You can then double-click the shortcut and the Task Scheduler will open.
If you don’t know how to create keyboard shortcuts in Windows, these instructions will explain the whole process in detail:
- How to create a shortcut to open apps on Windows 10
- How to create a website shortcut on the Windows desktop
7. Open Task Scheduler using Task Manager
You can also open Task Scheduler using Task Manager. Press the Ctrl + Shift + Esc keys on your keyboard to launch Task Manager. If you have a PC running Windows 10 or Windows 8.1, then Task Manager can open in compact mode. If so, click More details . Then, open the File menu, click on Run new task and enter the command taskchd.msc in the Create new task window. Then press Enter on the keyboard or select OK.
8. Open Task Scheduler using the Computer Management console
The Task Scheduler can also be accessed through the Computer Management console. Open the Computer Management console and on the left side of the window, in the section called Services and Applications , click Task Scheduler .
- 6 ways to open Computer / System Properties in Windows 10