Before the rapid and strong development of the Internet together with the development of industry 4.0, online sales became more popular and easier for everyone. And you want to build an online store so your products can easily reach users. So how to build an online store, manage and operate it? This article will help you to have a better picture of building an online store using managed Magento 2 hosting – managed Magento 2 cloud hosting and we will introduce with you 20 best managed hosting providers for Magento 2. Get start!
Magento is considered as one of many solutions to build an online store besides other solutions such as Shopify, BigCommerce, Volusion, … Magento is an open-source e-commerce platform. With a very simple design, Magento makes it easy for people without any web development skills to build an online store, sell and operate it. Magento offers a lot more than that because there is also a very helpful user community that makes your usage process easier. Although designed to be understandable to those who do not know anything about the web platform. However, in order for you to operate your website intensively and professionally, you still need to invest time and effort to learn. If you don’t want to spend too much time and money on this, you should hire a Magento specialist to manage and support you. Because Magento seems to be very simple but provides a very powerful system. Magento is considered a perfect e-commerce package by providing all utilities in one. You do not need to use any additional tools to process your orders and operate the system. From listing a few to tens of thousands of products in the store to managing quantities, prices, promotions, … to make order payment easier. Magento is suitable for individuals and organizations intending to set up a store. Large quantities in quantities of up to thousands of different items. The management of such a large number of items and a large number of simultaneous order and payment transactions are handled by managed Magento hosting and managed Magento 2 cloud hosting. We will learn more about managed Magento 2 hosting and managed Magento 2 cloud hosting with 5 best managed hosting providers for Magento2 .
Out of many hostings, Cloudways is the easiest manageable interface. It also leverages the resources of a lot of clustered servers to balance your website load. It will not dabble at all in the traditional shared, VPS, and dedicated hosting plans. The company will only charge you for the amount of time you have used. You can select from one of five platforms, including Amazon Web Services, DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr, and Google Cloud Platform. With WordPress, it also supports Joomla, Drupal, Larvel, Magento 2, PHP, and other open-source tools. Many providers offer dedicated servers, but only a few offers managed hosting support. As a fully managed hosting provider, Cloudways will free you from the worries and hassles of operating a server.
Key Features of Cloudways:
- Custom Control Panel: After creating an account you have to manage your servers through Cloudways’ control panel. It is different from other hosts typical cpanel. Cloudways’ custom control panel is modern and intuitive by itself. You can access Servers, Applications, Teams, and Projects through the menu of this custom control panel. In this menu you can find various features like Application Management, Server Management, and Team Management.
- Advanced Caching: As I told you before DigitalOcean, Linode, Vultr, AWS, and Google Cloud are the five cloud providers where Cloudways gets its server infrastructure. They provide SSD-based VPS and dedicated servers, which make certain fast server performance. Besides this cloud infrastructure, Cloudways optimizes the servers by talking advantage of several caching mechanisms. ‘Breeze’ is the in-house caching plug-in used by the company that can be easily set up, enabled, and disabled. Most important thing is that it supports Cloudway’s own content delivery network which is called as CloudwaysCDN. By caching your web pages on different servers, the CloudwaysCDN adds more speed and reliability.
- Staging and Cloning: This is a handy feature to test first before making them permanent on your website. Here you can deploy a staging area, do the test and when the changes look good, you can apppy the changes to your actual website. Like this, You don’t need to worry about introducing harmful changes which you cannot reverse. It is similar to staging, Whenever changing to new servers or showcasing your website to clients you can make several clone sites.
- Vertical Scaling: Through virtual scaling you easily upgrade your server if needed in just a few clicks. You can this function under server management as a tab. Even you can downgrade if you want come back to previous hosting plan.
- Customer Support: Cloudways provided you 24/7 assistance. You can also send an email, request a call, check the blog or visit the community forum and Cloudways’ social media platforms. Cloudways also has CloudWaysBot that monitors the servers and you will get notifications whenever there is an update or any issue.
Pros of Cloudways
- A Completely Free Trial Period
- No Limits on the number of websites you can install
- Pay As You Go Pricing System
- Free Automatic Updates
- Easy to Install Content Management Systems and Apps
- Free Site Migration
Cons of Cloudways
- It Takes Some Knowledge To Use
- No cPanel
- No eMail Accounts or Domain Registrations
It offers wallet-friendly pay-as-you-go plans and even you can sign up for 3 days trial run without whipping a credit card. Starting price of 10$ per month offering 25GB of storage with 1TB data transfer, 1GB RAM and single core processor. High end plan costs $1034 for 3840GB of storage, 12TB of monthly data transfer with 192GB RAM and 32 core processor.
It is one of the oldest web hosts which was established in 1996. It is famous for it’s high speed servers and amazing customer support. It is perfect host for both small and large scale enterprises. It is the hosting services provider to 2M+ websites in the world. You can also get one free domain after signing up. Bluehost also has a staunch commitment to the open source community. From their servers to internal tools and scripts, they’re all built on the back of open source software.
Features of BlueHost:
- Server Uptime: BlueHost offer very high website time. The standard uptime for hosting companies in the industry is around 99%. If you don’t have higher uptime there will be the risk of loosing users and revenue coz of poor user experience. Luckily, with BlueHost you will not have an issue with the uptime. Bluehost uptime ends up around 99.9% and even for their lower level shared hosting plans. They offer plans like VOS, cloud hosting and dedicated servers with nearly 100%.
- Fast Server Speeds: Most of the website owners are satisfied with the loading speeds of BlueHost even it is not the fastest host in the block. Ofcourse speed is also depends on the type of hosting. Generally, hosting plans like VPS and dedicated have faster loading times than the shared hosting. Cloudfare is a CDN, the tools which helps you to improve the loading speeds. It works in a way that stores additional copies of your site on a network of servers around the globe. Whenever user accesses your site they’ll be served a version of your site from the closest physical server location.
- Daily Backups: For all the hosting plans of BlueHost it offers daily backups and website restorations. But there are some limits, if you are serious about backing up your website then you have to upgrade or user third party backup software. It is easy to restore from the previous version if something gies wrong with the website.
Pros of BlueHost:
- BlueHost is very cheap
- Free domain name
- Free SSL certificate
- Unlimited space, bandwidth and websites on premium plans
- User friendly Cpanel
Cons of BlueHost:
- No latest speed technology
- No free backup on shared hosting
- Limited CPU usage
BlueHost hosting is value for money. Shared hosting is cheapest plan, at $2.95/month for the first year & $7.99/month later. All plans comes with 30days money back guarantee. Dedicated hosting starting at $79.99/month which is the most expensive plan.
Pantheon is the website operations platform where marketers, top developers and IT use to build, launch and run their Drupal and WordPress websites. Pantheon contains all the tools like staging environments, version control, workflow. and backups. With it’s container based infrastructure it allows you to launch websites faster. You no need to worry about security, traffic spikes or performance.
Key Features of Pantheon:
- 99.9% to 99.99% uptime guarantee
- Free SSL for 5 to 200 domains
- Weekly & daily automated backups
- 20 GB to 200 GB SSD
Pantheon doesn’t provide you domain as it is not a domain registrar, so you must purchase the domain from some other popular providers and you can point it at Pantheon’s servers. Pantheon has it’s own Custom Control Panel, it doesn’t have Cpanel like many other hosting providers. With it’s custom control panel you can deploy WordPress, WooCommerce, or Drupal just with one click. It makes easy for WordPress and drupal developers to update, backup and more from a central dashboard.
Fastly CDN which has connections to your customers in every continent that accelerates website loading times. Here you can have complete control over the multiple levels of caching granularity.
If the primary server fails there is a redundant server in an offsite location that can take over. So no need to worry about security and failover.
Pros of Pantheon:
- Free SSL certificates
- Fastly CDN for faster website loading times
- Advanced failover system with an offsite server
- Comprehensive documentation including video guides
Cons of Pantheon:
- No free domain
- No money-back guarantee
Pantheon is not suitable for small businesses coz it is expensive. They don’t offer any free domain registration but you can get a SSL certificate for free upon registration. You can have a Pantheon’s free test drive without using your credit card as long as you are happy to do so on a subdomain that is live-yoursitename.pantheonsite.io. Starting price of a basic plans is $29 with 20GB ssd storage.
SiteGround is one of the top web hosting for eCommerce sites currently which was existing from 2004. It provides in-house speed and security to make your eCommerce website fast and secure. Top features are one-click staging, GIT version control, and automatic upgrades, etc. It also provides the location-based hosting services.
Key Features of SiteGround:
- Security: The most important thing for who owns a website is security. SiteGround offers some of the most reliable security features for your website such as site isolation, HTTP/2 technology, web application firewall (WAF) and also they send proactive patches to all clients when new threats were emerged. They regurgitate scan for viruses and malwares on your site and send the results reports to notify you as you will be able to know what’s going on with your website. SiteGround was ultimately successful in keeping the clients website secured in 2018 and also responded to 3 times more threats compared to last year. They wrote 250 new custom firewall rules, added 125 livepatch kernel modules, mitigated 186 DDOS attacks, stopped 7 million brute-force attacks and 160M bad bot requests towards client’s sites each day with their anti-bot AI solution.
- Server Speed: According to the studies done, users are likely to navigate away in search of something faster if a page hasn’t loaded in 3 seconds. The longer the wait is, the more people you’ll lose. Coming to the load speed SiteGround takes it very seriously. Expert developers of them are working on new technologies always to improve site loadtimes. The technologies they are using for quick loading times are Google Cloud with SSD-persistent storage and ultra-fast network, Solid State Drives (SSDs), NGINX web server technology, Web caching, Free Content Delivery Network (CDN) and HTTP/2 and PHP7 enabled servers and PHP 7.3. In addition they perform regular updates to their technology to ensure the sites are not lagging.
- WordPress Hosting: With all the hosting plans you will get managed WordPress hosting with great features like fully managed WordPress hosting, regular, automatic WordPress updates, automatic updates of installed WordPress plug-ins and the team keeps an eye out for WordPress vulnerabilities and writes firewall WAF updates to protect you etc,.
Pros of SiteGround:
- Free Domain Name
- Free Daily Backup and Restore
- Free Let’s Encrypt SSL
- Solid State Drives
- Free CloudFlare CDN
- cPanel Interface
- 99.9% Uptime
- Data Centers on 3 Continents
- Secure Account Isolation on Shared Servers
- Shared Hosting Utilizes Linux Containers
- Improved Server Restore Technology
- Proactive Server Monitoring
- Unique Anti Bot Artificial Intelligence System
- Fast Responsive Support
- SuperCacher for Increased Speed
- Last 30 Backup Copies Available for Restore
- Staging for WordPress and Joomla
- Automatic WordPress Plugin Updates
Cons of SiteGround:
- Web Spaced Capped at 10GB – 30GB
- Managed Hosting Features Require GrowBig or GoGeek Plans
The StartUp plan starts at just $3.95 per month with 10GB web space and the GrowBig Plan starts at $5.95 per month with 20GB web space including all essentials and premium features. GrowBig plan is recommended plan for the users who want to host multiple websites. The GoGeek Plan starts from $11.95 per month with 30GB web space including all essential & premium plus geeky features.
Mgt-commerce makes managing your servers and hosting easier by providing with a panel like Cloudways. However they have best performance that helps to improve the conversion rate for any ecommerce store owner with page load time of under 0.3 seconds. All of that does not come at a cheap price. It provides you with it’s top features like latest technologies, NGINX, Cloud Panel, Free Migration, Auto Scaling, Graphical user interface for administration etc.
Key Features of Mgt-commerce:
- Use latest technologies for high performance
- Free Migration
- Auto Scaling
- Varnish Cache
- Graphical user interface for administration
- 24/7 Support
Pros of Mgt-commerce:
- Fully customizable
- Performance Tools
- Git Versioning
- PCI requirements
Cons of Mgt-commerce:
- Restricted Server access
- Long wait times for support
Basic plan of this hosting with single server price is €49 per month and high end plan with single server costs €199 per month. Coming the multiple sever plans, basic plan costs €249 per month and unlimate plan costs €999 per month. There are also auto scaling plans which starts from €1299.
Above are our sharing on 5 best managed hosting providers for Magento 2. Hopefully, you will receive the value of the article and use the service to suit your needs.